On 1/21/12 8:28 AM, James Bensley wrote:
Many of you are mentioning dual-homed customers, which of course is always
an option. What I meant though is that it's very rare to find a set up
where every single customer is dual-homed. So, in a "typical" deployment,
do your line cards fail long before a SUP/RSP, or vice versa? For those
that have dual SUPs/RSPs, has the second one been required *that* often?

I've seen a block of ports on an older 10/100 linecard drop; recovery came at next reboot. I've seen a 10/100 card die, and force a reload as it went down. Sup720s have been good to me. I think I've seen 1 or 2 backup Sups hiccup but come back to life.

More recently as a consultant, a customer's DC is showing one completely dead Sup (which forced an SSO event), one backup Sup that reloaded; out of ten units.

pt


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to