> Even if you've never had a failure I'd still like to know, thats just as important.
We have a mix of 6500/7600, all SUP720 (some VSS). All chassis have dual SUP's (probably ~240 or so chassis) and haven't had a bad SUP in quite a long time. (4 years maybe) Our 7609's (non -S) are used to dual-home WAN devices as aggregation blocks out of one facility. We have had a few power supplies go bad that I can remember, but not very many. I believe the thing that fails the most for us are the X2 modules for 10g ports. I do remember tossing quite a few in the trash over the last few years after migration, consolidation, etc. The SFP+ optics seem to be a lot better in that department. - max On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 8:28 AM, James Bensley <[email protected]> wrote: > Many of you are mentioning dual-homed customers, which of course is always > an option. What I meant though is that it's very rare to find a set up > where every single customer is dual-homed. So, in a "typical" deployment, > do your line cards fail long before a SUP/RSP, or vice versa? For those > that have dual SUPs/RSPs, has the second one been required *that* often? > > Even if you've never had a failure I'd still like to know, thats just as > important. > > Many thanks for all your input so far guys. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
