On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM, James Bensley <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All, > > I'm now lab'ing up a 7609-R for deployment in the near future. It has > a single RSP720-3CXL-GE in it. What I want to know is, all of you that > have or do run 7600's, what are your real world failure rates of the > RSP modules? > > I can have dual RSPs but how likely are they too fail? I want to know > from 7600's owners/managers out there, how many SUPs or RSPs have you > had fail on you (or not if non have failed on you), and how long were > they in service before they failed (or how long were they in service > without failing, if that is the case for you)? > > Are they more likely to fail the other line cards? It doesn't seem > very common practice to have to of every card in the chassis and > provide customers with a port on two switching modules for example, so > why dual RSPs? Are they *that* much more likely to fail? > > Thanks for your time, > -- > James. > http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ We have some 7609 doing broadband aggregation. All fitted with single RSP in chassis but with inter chassis redundancy. As far as I can remember, we haven't had any hardware failures with the RSP720-3CXL units in the past 3-4 years. The software on the other hand has been buggy. I'd upgrade to at least 12.2(33)SRE4 if you plan on deploying. Realistically, more complexity/features usually lead to unknown/known bugs popping up all over the place. In the end, the justification for doing intra, inter chassis redundancy or a combination depends on what you're going to use the setup for and what SLA's you have with your customers. -K _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
