Ok, so looking at the release notes.  Only 4.2.1 supports acl's on BVI
interfaces and only in the egress direction.   Looks like you can
apply it, but it may not work:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/general/release/notes/reln_a9k_421.html#concept_641E24E225D747C08099E20F3AFAA93A

The router snippet I displayed was from a 4.2.0 ASR9006 with a  RSP440
and my testing indicates that the ACL*WILL* drop packets according to
the ACL's rules.

I've found that there's still a lack of clarity wrt to 9k's and XR
within Cisco and its getting a bit frustrating.

--chip

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Aaron <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks Tassos et al, But that list you just sent is in a config doc for 4.2.x
>
> So are those bvi limitation in 4.2.x ?  chip said that he thinks that bvi acl 
> is supported in 4.2.0 and my SE just told me that too.  (she also told me 
> that bvi acl support in 4.2.0 requires the new line cards ! ugh)
>
> So I'm confused with that list of bvi limitations within the 4.2.x config doc.
>
> Aaron
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tassos Chatzithomaoglou [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:18 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Cc: chip; Aaron
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] acl on bvi in ios xr (9k) 4.1.2
>
> Many things missing....
>
>
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc42irb.html#wp1011723
>
> The following areas are /not/ supported on the BVI:
>
> –Access Control Lists (ACLs). However, Layer 2 ACLs can be configured on each 
> Layer 2 port of the bridge domain.
>
> –IP fast reroute (FRR)
>
> –NetFlow
>
> –MoFRR
>
> –MPLS label switching
>
> –mVPNv4
>
> –Quality of Service (QoS)
>
> –Traffic mirroring
>
> –Unnumbered interface for BVI
>
> –Video monitoring (Vidmon)
>
>
>
> --
> Tassos
>
> chip wrote on 19/7/2012 19:45:
>> interface BVI101
>>   description cust-bgp-1 vlan 101
>>   ipv4 address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
>>   ipv4 access-group cust-bgp-1-out-acl egress
>>
>> This is gained support in 4.2.0 I think.
>>
>> --chip
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Aaron <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Are acl's supported on BVI's ?
>>>
>>> I have a phy int g0/0/0/1 with a flow point (sub int) g0/0/0/1.10
>>> l2transport config'd and put into l2vpn bg:bd with a routed int
>>> inside that bg:bd as bvi 10
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I would think that the appropriate location to place an ipv4
>>> access-list would be on the L3 interface , that being the bvi.  But I
>>> don't see the command "ipv4 access-list" under the bvi.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> What am I missing here ?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Aaron
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>
>>
>
>



-- 
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to