It does work through PSTN.
Here's the show output.
ETUSSUNCME01#sh sdspfarm units
conf-1 Device:confer1 TCP socket:[25] REGISTERED in SCCP ver 18/18
actual_stream:32 max_stream 32 IP:10.193.35.2 * 36967 Conference Dixieland
keepalive 744794
Supported codec:
G711Ulaw
G711Alaw
G729
G729a
G729b
G729ab
mtp-2 Device:xcode01 TCP socket:[100] REGISTERED in SCCP ver 18/18
actual_stream:14 max_stream 14 IP:10.193.35.2 * 39539 MTP Dixieland keepalive
222496
Supported codec:
G711Ulaw
G711Alaw
G729
G729a
G729b
G729ab
Zoltan Kelemen
Global Communications and Information Security
Implementation Engineering
w: +40 374 132356 | m: +40 757 039093
From: Amit Kumar [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 10:27 AM
To: Kelemen, Zoltan [CORP/RO]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Transcoding on a CME for a CUE
Here is my 2 cents
An "show sdspfarm units" will ensure if they are really registered.
Have we tried calling cue pilot directly from pstn. To see if it's only
relevant to cfa.
On 07-Feb-2014 8:00 pm,
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hi,
Incoming codec is g.729. It does not show up in the config since that is the
default setting on a dial-peer.
I'm well aware, that the two codecs differ, I have no choice (WAN is strictly
g729, CUE is g711 only). That is why I have transcoding set up, see my original
email in the thread.
I'm also aware that the call fails, because of codec mismatch.
My problem is why? Why does the configured transcoding NOT work as expected?
This will probably end up a TAC case early next week as I'm traveling right
now, just wanted to get some opinions if I was doing anything obviously wrong
and if I've missed something.
Zoltan Kelemen
Global Communications and Information Security
Implementation Engineering
Emerson
-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
On Behalf Of Andreas Sikkema
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 3:24 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Transcoding on a CME for a CUE
Zoltan,
> The attached trace should have those debugs and more.
>
>
>
> Caller: +13***531042
> Called: +19***465067
>
> Forwarded to voicemail extension: 5110
Zoltan, the incoming call is G.729 only and all dialpeers in your config appear
to be G.711 only.
--
Andreas Sikkema
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip