Bear in mind that the default codec is g729br8, not g729r8 (which is probably 
what your carrier is using). You really need to specify a codec.

James Buchanan | Sr. Network Engineer
Presidio | www.presidio.com
12 Cadillac Drive Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027
D: 615.866.5729 | C: 931.797.2326 | F: 615.866.5781 | [email protected]



PRESIDIO
Practical thinking for a connected world.


Follow Us: www.twitter.com/presidio




________________________________________
From: cisco-voip [[email protected]] on behalf of 
[email protected] [[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 8:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Transcoding on a CME for a CUE

Hi,

Incoming codec is g.729. It does not show up in the config since that is the 
default setting on a dial-peer.

I'm well aware, that the two codecs differ, I have no choice (WAN is strictly 
g729, CUE is g711 only). That is why I have transcoding set up, see my original 
email in the thread.
I'm also aware that the call fails, because of codec mismatch.

My problem is why? Why does the configured transcoding NOT work as expected?
This will probably end up a TAC case early next week as I'm traveling right 
now, just wanted to get some opinions if I was doing anything obviously wrong 
and if I've missed something.

Zoltan Kelemen
Global Communications and Information Security
Implementation Engineering
Emerson

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Andreas Sikkema
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 3:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Transcoding on a CME for a CUE

Zoltan,

> The attached trace should have those debugs and more.
>
>
>
> Caller: +13***531042
> Called: +19***465067
>
> Forwarded to voicemail extension: 5110

Zoltan, the incoming call is G.729 only and all dialpeers in your config appear 
to be G.711 only.


--
Andreas Sikkema
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the 
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, 
confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please 
notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and 
attachments. Please be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the 
taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached 
to this message is prohibited.

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to