Install the device pack on all the nodes, starting with the publisher. Set the device defaults back to what you want.
Reboot the nodes one at a time, starting with the publisher. As long as the network and phones are stable and not rebooting/etc frequently they won't take a new load until you reboot. You could always stop the TFTP service I suppose for a bit to. On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Ryan Huff <[email protected]> wrote: > Correct, ordinarily that would be what I would do as well. In this case > though, I am trying to avoid upgrading the firmware on anything, other than > the devices I am trying to get support for. > > Thanks, > > Ryan > > ________________________________ > Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:20:43 -0600 > From: [email protected] > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Device pack installation methodology question > > > On 1/3/2015 2:11 PM, Ryan Huff wrote: > > I need to install a device pack on a 2 node 9.1(2) CCM cluster to get > support for some 88xx phones but I do not want to update the loads for > anything else. > > The approach I am going to use is: > > Drop the publisher out of the CM Group, forcing all phones to the > subscriber. Install the device pack on the publisher and reboot the > publisher. Once the publisher is backup, set all the device defaults back to > what I want them to be then add the publisher back to the CM Group. Then > drop the subscriber from the CM Group forcing all the phones on the > publisher and start the install process over for the subscriber. Once > everything is back up add the subscriber back to the CM Group. > > Does that sound reasonable or is there an easier way? > > > Any time I've needed device support I just install it on all the nodes then > reboot them one at a time during a maintenance window. As long as both > nodes are running call processing, they'll fail over when the node reboots. > Not sure about on 9.X, but on 10.X this just shows as a blip on the phones > of them reregistering, not a full reboot. Obviously if you install new > software for those phones, they'll upgrade software when they reboot. > > Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley > [email protected] > > _______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > _______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
