Hi guys,

Just to add to this, this is one of the reasons we generally have pub as backup 
call processor, and sub as primary (in a small cluster)
Then you can do your changes on pub with less impact.

Cheers,

Tim.

From: Jeremy Bresley <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Date: Sunday, 4 January 2015 07:20
To: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Device pack installation methodology question

On 1/3/2015 2:11 PM, Ryan Huff wrote:
I need to install a device pack on a 2 node 9.1(2) CCM cluster to get support 
for some 88xx phones but I do not want to update the loads for anything else.

The approach I am going to use is:

Drop the publisher out of the CM Group, forcing all phones to the subscriber. 
Install the device pack on the publisher and reboot the publisher. Once the 
publisher is backup, set all the device defaults back to what I want them to be 
then add the publisher back to the CM Group. Then drop the subscriber from the 
CM Group forcing all the phones on the publisher and start the install process 
over for the subscriber. Once everything is back up add the subscriber back to 
the CM Group.

Does that sound reasonable or is there an easier way?

Any time I've needed device support I just install it on all the nodes then 
reboot them one at a time during a maintenance window.  As long as both nodes 
are running call processing, they'll fail over when the node reboots.  Not sure 
about on 9.X, but on 10.X this just shows as a blip on the phones of them 
reregistering, not a full reboot.  Obviously if you install new software for 
those phones, they'll upgrade software when they reboot.

Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to