What I have done in some past upgrades is to copy/paste everything on Device Defaults page (or screen shot it). Deactivate TFTP service on all nodes - so it can't even start following any necessary reboots. Install the upgrade. Go back to Device Defaults page and set everything back how you like it. Activate TFTP service on all nodes where you had previously deactivated it.
HTH, Dave On Saturday, January 3, 2015, Ryan Huff <[email protected]> wrote: > Correct, ordinarily that would be what I would do as well. In this case > though, I am trying to avoid upgrading the firmware on anything, other than > the devices I am trying to get support for. > > Thanks, > > Ryan > > ------------------------------ > Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:20:43 -0600 > From: [email protected] > <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');> > To: [email protected] > <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');> > Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Device pack installation methodology question > > On 1/3/2015 2:11 PM, Ryan Huff wrote: > > I need to install a device pack on a 2 node 9.1(2) CCM cluster to get > support for some 88xx phones but I do not want to update the loads for > anything else. > > The approach I am going to use is: > > Drop the publisher out of the CM Group, forcing all phones to the > subscriber. Install the device pack on the publisher and reboot the > publisher. Once the publisher is backup, set all the device defaults back > to what I want them to be then add the publisher back to the CM Group. Then > drop the subscriber from the CM Group forcing all the phones on the > publisher and start the install process over for the subscriber. Once > everything is back up add the subscriber back to the CM Group. > > Does that sound reasonable or is there an easier way? > > > Any time I've needed device support I just install it on all the nodes > then reboot them one at a time during a maintenance window. As long as > both nodes are running call processing, they'll fail over when the node > reboots. Not sure about on 9.X, but on 10.X this just shows as a blip on > the phones of them reregistering, not a full reboot. Obviously if you > install new software for those phones, they'll upgrade software when they > reboot. > > Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley > [email protected] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');> > > _______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
