Thanks to all who replied. I hate asking inter-digit questions because they are 
so basic BUT can be a real pain in the arse if it isn't transparent.

The issue was an all wildcard RP that ended with ! in the same PT as all the 
DNs. DNA didn't match on it because as Wes mentions, there were no numerical 
matches between that pattern and the called number that DNA used for analysis.

Thank you Brian, Wes and everyone else who replied. Ya'll will get a JibJab 
E-Card at Christmas from me.

Thanks,

-R 

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Interesting off hook dial delay
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:39:53 +0000






yup.



DNA is a close approximation, but in specific corner cases it deviates from 
dalib



I put my chips on an unexpected overlapping pattern



I troubleshot one of these long ago that turned out to be the intercept pattern 
for Cisco Messaging Interface (CMI for SMDI integration). When you consider 
“every dial able number” it is pretty encompassing. 



Also, dump the verbose dialing forest and go to town looking around.



-w



On Jun 10, 2015, at 10:50 AM, Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote:


DNA won't show the overlapping pattern.  Set the Digit Analysis Complexity 
CallManager Service Parameter to "TranslationAndAlternatePatternAnalysis" on 
each node then pull CallManager traces for a test call.  The Digit Analysis 
section in the
 traces will now show the overlapping pattern.


On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Ryan Huff 
<[email protected]> wrote:



Experiencing some strange off-hook delay when dialing.



Here are the tests I did:



When dialing an exact match (another DN) from the off-hook position, I get a 
full T302 delay before the digits are sent. If however, I mark the target DN as 
urgent priority, it routes immediately (as I would expect).



I've done some additional testing and placed 2 single DNs in a new PT/CSS and I 
get the same off-hook delay. If I dial the digits and send EnBloc with the dial 
softkey, everything works fine.



When trying to transfer a connected call to a third caller, the secondary 
transfer button and the target line description do not appear until the delay 
passes and the phone rings



I've used DNA and it isn't showing me anything unexpected; save this was a 
perfectly working system a few days ago.



I've tried a cluster reboot, and that didn't change the condition. It sounds 
like signaling delay except for the fact the I can override the issue with 
Urgent Priority, if it were signaling delay nothing would override it. So I am 
left with inter-digit timeout
 but can't see where it could be coming from, especially with a new PT/CSS that 
only has 2 DNs in it.



Thanks,



Ryan





_______________________________________________

cisco-voip mailing list

[email protected]

https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip








_______________________________________________

cisco-voip mailing list

[email protected]

https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip





                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to