Dennis Peterson wrote:

Shayne Lebrun wrote:

Any reason why that percentage should be less than 100?

Cost of bandwidth, cost of equipment, and cost of administrating the purchase/access system?

And liability insurance.

Hmm ...

which makes me wonder.
Say ...
1) I host an official public mirror, which makes me able to obtain updates immediately
2) I sell the "immediate push-update" service that you talk about
3) I contribute some money that I get back to clamav
4) I setup atomated firewall system which automagically blocks non-paying users which connects to my server too often (perhaps in less 30 minutes interval).

I wonder if it's acceptable in terms of license ?
License-wise, (3) might not even be necessary. Do people who provide commercial support form clamav actually contributes some money that they earn? Not all, I think.
(4) might be a problem, since it might violate some requirements of becoming a public mirror (the docs doesnt't specifically prevent that though).

Regards,

Fajar