> Uhhh... but then what do you think someone providing such service
> would be
> liable for then? Unable to download an update? Or not being
> updated as soon
> as an update arrives?
> Pretty hard one because you connection might be temporarily down, a
> temporarily routing problem might exist somewhere between you and the
> server supposed to update your server.

BigCorp contracts with you, ClamAVUpdates, for X amount of money per month
for virus updates.

ClamAVUpdates.com goes down for twenty minutes.

During that twenty minutes, a new virus comes out, and BigCorp gets infected
with it.

BigCorp then turns around and sues ClamAVUpdates for not fufilling their end
of the contract.

Yes, said contract probably included the standard 'best effort' clauses, or
maybe it's not even your fault; but this is an important point, so I'm going
to put it in it's own paragraph.

You're still going to wind up in court.  Court is expensive.

So, liability insurance.