On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> 4) I setup atomated firewall system which automagically blocks
> non-paying users which connects to my server too often (perhaps in less
> 30 minutes interval).
>
> (4) might be a problem, since it might violate some requirements of
> becoming a public mirror (the docs doesnt't specifically prevent that
> though).

It's a problem for technical reasons also:

DNS contains ~10 mirrors, which means I can poll every 5 minutes and on
average the mirrors will individually only see requests every 50
minutes, making the individual mirrors not realize I'm being a jerk.

If anyone can think of a reasonable way to reduce the bandwidth
requirements then I can host a mirror.  I've gotten approval to use 10
gig/month, and 20 gig/month might be do-able if I beg.

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| Physics Grad Student & SysAdmin @ U Illinois Urbana-Champaign |#=-
-=#| 488 LLP, 1110 W. Green St, Urbana, IL 61801 Ofc:(217)333-0038 |#=-