Henrik's right. The simple answer is that ClamAV does not do any "status
for each segment". It scans files, including support for some filetypes
that have to be read back-to-front and using some virus signatures that are
full-file hashes. For that and more, it has to know where EOF is. So even
though clamd can be fed the data as a stream, there are no partial-file
results for streams.

Dave R.

--
---