Well, the progress you see is likely to be transfer, not processing, time since
that’s where most time is going to be spent for a sizable file anyways (under
normal circumstances) so I doubt clamd is your main latency source here.

Can you elaborate on your setup a bit? Is the ICAP proxy in-line to your users
or alongside another caching proxy like squid?

- Rafael
--
Scanii.com | the web friendly virus scanner