Great timing for me on this topic. We are currently phasing out our use
of Henrik's great havp proxy and are going to ICAP - and I have been
majorly disappointed with the performance of the commercial ICAP
services I've tried

I had a 60M zip file I was testing with via Firefox: Kaspersky would say
"9 hours" to download, then go "9h, 9h, 9h, 9h, complete!" - which is an
AWFUL end-user experience. F-Secure would go "unknown, unknown, unknown,
complete!" - which is even worse. Strangely enough, the one ICAP service
that worked well was - c-icap with CLAMD! That seemed to give a much
better feeling of "2m, 2m, 1m, complete!" - which seems to contradict
what's been said here

Henrik - you said ICAP "can't achieve such trickery" - are you sure
about that? If that's true (and my c-icap test is somehow mistaken),
then I'm majorly disappointed - and a bit stuck as to how to do AV
filtering without users screaming

(PS: yes the AVs all took 2minutes to download and process the same file
- but the *perception* of performance is the key attribute I want to see)

Jason

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171