Yeah, I know that the CDIFFs will/may be cached, but it shouldn't
matter. The file daily-25221.cdiff has the same contents no matter when
you download it via freshclam or whatever (assuming its contents hasn't
been munged by "HTTP-Transform"). But daily.cvd changes over time, as
it should. Thus caching is harmless for CDIFFs -- it only makes future
downloads faster. But caching van worsen the contents of CVDs: you
might expect version 25221 (as per the DNS TXT value), but get version
25220. This happened to us a lot (from the BOS server).

P.S. I did try at the proxy detection thing a bit, and it showed (I
think) that Comcast was doing it. But I gave up when I realized the
problem was more or less inherent for CVDs, but not for CDIFFs.