On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 09:17:58 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with two 
> additional commits since the last revision:
> 
>  - Remove unnecessary SheetCollate import
>  - Support collation option for PSPrinterJob

The fix isn't doing anything for me on Ubuntu 26.04
I checked that the 2 locations are definitely reached in that 
Collate2DPrintingTest.java but the pages still come out uncollated. I'm using 
CUPS "driverless" printing with 2 different network printers.
The HPIP printer I configured seemed to be not working ..  nothing to do with 
Java since a command line "lp foo.txt" was giving me problems, so although I'd 
like to try that I'm a bit stuck there.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-5939643804

Reply via email to