On Mon, 5 Oct 2026 07:27:20 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> I tried print-to-pdf where it prints 2 page but print has Page0-Page1 text

This is expected as PDF printer drivers do not support collation since it only 
generates a single digital file than multiple copies.

> I tried in Xerox AltaLink printer ... but it prints 2 blank page.

This could be any number of things but my guess is that the printer does not 
support PostScript (pages would not be blank otherwise). Is this also with the 
current commits applied, or with the additional changes I recommended?

Another debugging step we could take is manually feeding the following 
PostScript content manually to `lpr` with the command output you just sent:

[document.txt](https://github.com/user-attachments/files/33047893/document.txt)

And then print it like so (after renaming back to "document.ps"):


lpr -PAltaLink-B8145 -JJava Printing -#2 -h -o collate=true document.ps


This means we could then work out what is the bad combo of options, or if it is 
actually the printer drivers separate to OpenJDK that is the culprit.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-5990365270

Reply via email to