On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 01:24:36 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Ensure PSPrinterJob executes lp/lpr with correct number of copies

I tried in Xerox AltaLink printer and it prints

UnixPrintJob>> execCmd
 /usr/bin/lpr -PAltaLink-B8145 -JJava Printing -#2 -h -o collate=true 
/tmp/javaprint4106915105918057272.ps

but it prints 2 blank page.
I tried print-to-pdf where it prints 2 page but print has Page0-Page1 text

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-5990022226

Reply via email to