On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 09:17:58 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with two 
> additional commits since the last revision:
> 
>  - Remove unnecessary SheetCollate import
>  - Support collation option for PSPrinterJob

After some more investigation (with a working printer), I've found that the 
issue stems from lacking support in some drivers for the PostScript `/Collate` 
option and that the `collate=true` option for `lpr` only works if copies are 
assigned. Previously the copies for `PSPrinterJob` were fixed to one which 
resulted in conflicting PostScript and `lpr` options.

I've added a commit to use the number of copies desired. It should not conflict 
with any programmatically generated PostScript file. Could someone please test 
it with their printers as well please 😄

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-5943741777

Reply via email to