On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 01:24:36 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option 
>> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting 
>> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the 
>> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal 
>> class.
>> 
>> I have prepared a simple [development 
>> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that 
>> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used 
>> internally.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Ensure PSPrinterJob executes lp/lpr with correct number of copies

> And then print it like so (after renaming back to "document.ps"):
> 
> ```shell
> lpr -PAltaLink-B8145 -JJava Printing -#2 -h -o collate=true document.ps
> ```

It still prints 2 blank page with the current PR

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-5991157597

Reply via email to