Why is the EPL a problem? It is pretty much the standard in the Clojure
ecosystem, even for non-core libraries. As long as you keep future
contributions under the EPL, surely you can just fork and drop the CLA
requirement?

FWIW, I've been using nREPL for a "Clojure-like" experimental language and
it has been awesome so far (see https://github.com/mikera/enchant). Thanks
for the great work!