> Just curious
>   - what folks think of fixed-positional-keyword params
>   - whether it was considered for Clojure

It's difficult to image that keyword params will be considered in
languages where they aren't folklore, as they are in Smalltalk,
Objective-C, and Self. Unlike Smtalltalk and Self, where keywords do
real work --they name the selector and are separators at the call
place-- in other languages they'd be annotations and maybe perceived
as redundant, e.g. a call like: (circle x y radius) is readable
without keywords.

In Smtalltalk a single-arg keyword message is readable because the
syntax gets the received out of the way to the left: 5.0 raisedTo: 3
where #raisedTo: is both the selector and keyword. In Clojure it
wouldn't look as simple and it'd introduce the inconsistency that the
first argument isn't "keyed".

Another aspect is of course high-order functions, where keywords make
things difficult at the call place and imposible inside the called
function. Having to make a feature optional when things get tough
using it usualy gets it scrapped. Smalltalk's "high-order methods"
don't have a problem because a method to call is passed using its
symbol (ie, its keywords) not as value. BTW, which Smalltalk do you
use? I've never seen the prefix you mentioned. AFAIK, a keyword
selector is just the concat of its keys.