Hi Phil,

I read through both the tutorial and the readme, and both seem to be
pretty clear (though I'm not a new user).  They're certainly an
improvement on what came before, and it seems to be a pretty solid
introduction.  Perhaps though, there should be some mention of how the
clojure and contrib jars and versions are also included in the
project.clj, and are therefore included as a project level
dependency.... An approach that is different from what Ruby
programmers are used to with gems (i.e. leiningen also manages
platform versions) (though not JVM ones).

Explaining this might help people transition from playing with raw
clojure builds, to using lein to build real projects.

Another comment I have, is that lein's use of lancet isn't especially
well documented.  This is perhaps more of a deficiency in Lancets
documentation, which really needs documenting... especially now that
it's a dependency on lein, which is fast becoming a critical tool for
most clojure projects.

I mention this, because I've written some lein plugins for projects,
where my plugins used lancet to perform some additional ant type
tasks, e.g. moving files about etc...  Lancet itself doesn't seem to
wrap all of ant; and it's hard to know where it stops.

For example, recently I tried to use lancet to write a lein plugin
that would exec another O/S script passing specific parameters to the
command.  I can't remember the details now, but I seem to remember
finding it wasn't possible to pass args to the command.  Things like
this should be clearer for developers wishing to extend lein
further... whether or not this lies in lancets documentation or leins.

Anyway, again, great work with lein!

R.