I've been using Lein in earnest the last couple of days, prepping for
a talk on Clojure for OSCON. I'm hitting enough issues to make me
think that 1.2 needs a bit of TLC before a release.

Don't get me wrong; I like Lein, how easy it installs, and how focused
it is. I'm just finding that, despite being "in theory" customizable
to slightly different directory layouts (I like a Maven style layout,
with src/main/clojure, src/test/clojure, target/classes, etc.) ...
well, it just doesn't work in practice.  I'm doing what I can to help
with patches and bug reports.

I still expect to recommend Lein as the best option out there for
Clojure builds, mostly based on its potential and narrow but effective
focus.

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> I'm pushing for a Leiningen 1.2.0 release really soon now, and part of
> that effort is sprucing up the documentation. I've revamped the readme
> and added a tutorial for folks just getting started. Of course,
> self-editing is never as good as having outside help, so I'd love it
> if I could get some feedback on it. I'm particularly interested in
> opinions from people who are just starting out with Clojure--it's easy
> for me to take things for granted that not everyone understands.
>
> Mostly I'd like feedback on the tutorial:
> http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md
>
> But if you've got some time to look over the readme, that would be
> great too: http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/README.md
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Phil

Howard M. Lewis Ship