On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Mark Engelberg
<mark.engelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And yes, there are certain libraries I tend to use, and I want them to
> always be available.  Right now, for every file I want to tinker with,
> I have to do lein new make-up-some-project-name.  Then I have to go in
> and edit the project.clj, trying to remember the names and version
> numbers of every library I might use (and this has gotten harder to
> remember now that contrib is split into separate modules), add some
> development dependencies so I can connect from slime.  Or I can copy
> over the project structure from another lein project and go through
> and delete all the irrelevant things.

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary steps. Why delete the irrelevant
things? Or better yet, why start a new project at all? What you're
asking for seems to be "a collection of dependencies that's not
attached to a location on disk", but I fail to see why having it exist
in a certain place on disk is a problem to begin with. If you want a
scratch-pad, why not just re-use the same project?

> Then I have to lein deps and wait 10 minutes for it to download the universe.

If they actually are dependencies that you've used with other
projects, then they'll all be cached; no downloads necessary.

> I would love to have a more streamlined way in Clojure for my personal
> common case -- writing a short script and using it interactively.

On the other hand, maybe you don't want Leiningen at all. Why not use
Jark or cljr instead?

-Phil