> We will see this subject line in this mailing list every few months until the
> end of time, or until def- is added to core.

So be it.

> The burden, no matter how distributed, of answering that question forevermore
> greatly outweighs the burden of moving a def- macro from a contrib file to a
> core file. It even outweighs the aesthetic concerns (which I confess I don't
> understand).

Alan covered the biggest problem succinctly: it pollutes the language core to
provide convenience APIs that are combinatorial in nature.

I don't really think the people that want def- need it in the language core.
They just want to know where to get it, and maybe automatically include it in
their own projects.  So make a community-centralized, maven-ready, CI-friendly
place to put such things. In fact: such a place already exists:
https://github.com/clojure/core.incubator.  Add a slew of custom def forms to
incubator.clj and party on.

Stu