Sean,
Your advice makes good sense, but I can't make it work. Per that advice, I paste some of my function definitions into the core.clj file of the project "prjctOne" and proceed thusly:

larrytravis$ lein install
Copying 1 file to /Users/larrytravis/prjctOne/lib
No namespaces to :aot compile listed in project.clj.
Created /Users/larrytravis/prjctOne/prjctOne-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Wrote pom.xml
[INFO] Installing /Users/larrytravis/prjctOne/prjctOne-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to /Users/larrytravis/.m2/repository/prjctOne/prjctOne/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/prjctOne-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

But when I create a new project prjctTwo, I can't figure out what dependency declaration for it gives a prjctTwo Slime REPL access to the functions in prjctOne. That is, what would correspond to the [utilities "0.0.1-SNAPSHOT"] vector in your example?
  --Larry