David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> writes:
> The survey itself is too "flat". It's like asking "do you like red or
> green?" Well... I like green on my walls, but I like red on my ties.

I'd agree with this.

"Do you like" is also a relative thing, I think. I mean, compared to
what? Java? Or common lisp.

The thing that I don't like, is a common documentation markup for
refering to other functions, and params.

So, compare:

clojure.core/cons
([x seq])
  Returns a new seq where x is the first element and seq is
    the rest.

to this....

cons is a built-in function in `C source code'.

(cons CAR CDR)

Create a new cons, give it CAR and CDR as components, and return it.

The upper case stuff is a bit shouty, but I like the fact that you can
distinguish the "CAR" as a parameter name typographically, which you
can't with "x" in clojure. Likewise, here:

clojure.core/defmacro
([name doc-string? attr-map? [params*] body] [name doc-string? attr-map?
([params*] body) + attr-map?])
Macro
  Like defn, but the resulting function name is declared as a
  macro and will be used as a macro by the compiler when it is
  call

It's not obvious that "defn" is a function name.

Does this mean I like or dislike clojure syntax?

Phil