One point that makes me wonder is this: One of the points touted a lot is
the availability of immense ecosystem of Java. How does one balance
switching between immutable and mutable objects once Java objects are
brought into the mix. I have never used Java and Clojure together yet since
this question has always bothered me. I tend to think that this mix would
negate a lot of strength Clojure would give me, barring the functional
style of programming I get to use along with Java objects.

I would also love to see some good example of such a mix and if there are
any guidelines on how to use them seamlessly without doing the guess work
of dealing with a mix of immutable and mutable objects.

Thanks