Hi Beth,

Believe me once you put your mind to it there isn't anything that you can't
do. All that you have to do is to try it. Yes at first you may fail but
once you get it into your head you will thieve.
It is a matter of will.
A story for you: Several years ago right after my kidney transplant my wife
and i went furniture shopping when i suddenly felt dizzy and clasped to the
floor, i tried to get up but i just managed to crawl on the floor. Shelly
was really trying to help me to a seat and the manager came over and told
us that he just called 911. Within less then ten minutes i was in an
ambulance on my way to the hospital. When one of the paramedics asked me
how i was feeling i didn't know what he was saying, it was like someone was
mumbling to me. Once they got me to the hospital they seemed to be moving
there mouths but all that i heard were these funny sounds coming out of
their mouths. When i came out of my coma i couldn't understand English. In
my mind i was trying to ask for a glass of water but didn't know how to say
it

It was very frustrating and i knew in my mind that i could talk but not
anything with English but i did remember that i was still able to speak and
understand five different foreign languages and the Morse Code because ever
since i was a young man i was a ham radio operator, but how could i try to
convey it to anyone. I was in bed and badly needed some water. So i started
yelling in different languages and tapping on the table with my fingers in
Morse Code but only my right hand would work, until one of the nurses
understood what i was asking for in Hungarian one of the languages that my
parents taught me when i was a young child. From that day on while i was
still in the hospital there was always a pitcher of cold water on my table.

It took me over a year to teach myself how to learn English again, and i
did it all by myself. An usual thing happened to me when i went to see my
ophthalmologist because he was checking for any symptom that the stroke may
have caused to my eyes, but he found nothing thank GOD. I then mentioned to
him what had happened to me when i could not speak
English This is what he told me. He has another patient that also had a
similar stroke in the same region of the brain that i had mine in. He then
tells me that this man suddenly started speaking words with a heavy French
accent but not French but English with a heavy French accent. This lasted
for about almost two years and he is back to normal. Amazing what can
happen.

So this is another example of what your mind can do. All you have to do it
to try and help yourself.

To my understanding the human brain uses about 10% of it's capacity, more
or less. If you know to the contrary please let me know.

18's,

Marty