I recently had a mid-distance race in which a majority of the race was tight
reaching in flat water, 10-15 breeze.   We had our heavy #1 up.  A number of
boats (C&C39, C&C38, Sabre 36, Tarten Ten) worked up on us pretty well in
those conditions.   I obviously need to trim the sails differently and am
looking for suggestions.

We mostly eased the sheet and moved the car forward, but we did try barber
hauling.  We did not try bringing the clew right out to the toe rail.

Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

1984 C&C 37