Dave -

I'll chime in.I did that job about 3 years ago and am glad I did.    Note
that it's no silver bullet.   Martin's comment that "no one asks if the
diesel is running" is still accurate, but it's a lot better.   As I get
older the engine doesn't sound as bad as it used to, so I have that going
for me J

It's really not that hard of a project and there's a lot less "dirt" in the
area in addition to the reduction in noise pollution.

I figure it's like refrigeration.   You can live without it, but it's nice
to have.

Hope that helps.

Pete