From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Burton via CnC-List
Sent: August 28, 2014 2:10 PM
To: Marek Dziedzic; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Engine Sound Insulation - Go Without an engine?

 (save that one time when my outboard quit when turning into the fairway)

Which is exactly why I advocate practicing sailing in! We lose these skills
over time, so practice is necessary and far from irresponsible. Nothing says
we have to come charging in at hull speed. Try approaching with just the jib
or just the main up--it's part of getting to know your boat. It sure beats
waiting for SeaTow as your boat drifts down an grounds on the jetty.

And in a man overboard situation, I absolutely would prefer to use the
engine. Unless it was too rough, or as very often happens in the kefuffle of
a man overboard, a line wraps around the prop. That's the reason we ALWAYS
practice MOB retreival under sail.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List