I'm in the same boat (Pun intended)

 The kids dig it, every one except the dog and my wife loves to hang out on
 the rail when the wind pipes up.  No matter how much I tell my wife that
 the lake winds and little chop are not even close to being a challenge for
 a boat that was meant for offshore racing / cruising she just sits there
 worried..

 My biggest problem is that she does not participate much anymore.  The few
 times she was grinding or doing something she kinda got into it.  We tried
 her at the helm many times, she does not have much of a feel for it  and
 typically looses focus which turns into luffing / half tacks..    When I
 try to talk her through it, she takes it as a personal dig on her sailing
 skills.  Obviously,  she's a bit short on skills, she's have never sailed
 before.

 My next attempt is to get her to take lessons from the local guy at the
 marina.  (We're overdue for formal stuff) I meant to do it last year but
 much needed boat maintenance / updates drained the available funds.  I
 figure (Hope) she'll be more receptive to the instructor's advice and
 instructions.

 I think if we can get her busy on the boat, she'll enjoy it better.

 -Francois
 1990 34+ "Take Five"
 Lake Lanier, Georgia