FSR, fiberglass stain remover.  Takes out trusts stain.  Use on my Florida,
sorry to say, power boat.
Bill Walker
CnC 36
Pentwater, Mi
On the inland sea.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Monday, August 17, 2015 Dr. Mark Bodnar via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:
Last year I had noticed a small crack in my rear pulpit tubing. This spring
before launch I hired a mobile welder to come out to the boat repair the area -
he had a tough time with the wind swirling and had to repeatedly grind down the
dirty weld to do it over. The final repair was adequate (pretty rough - but
sealed the crack and seemed solid). Unfortunately a few weeks later I
discovered a million little rust stains in the gel coat. We tried to scrub them
out with Comet - but mostly just brightened up the gel coat. CLR didn't seem to
do much - maybe a longer soak? Any suggestions on cleaning? I'm wondering about
doing a bit of a white wash with stain to see if that will clean them. Now the
area he repaired is showing some signs of rust - obviously he welded with steel
and that is rusting. I had another weld that gave way (a lower bracket on the
rear pulpit) - and I'd rather avoid repeating the same issue. Not sure how
close to fiberglass they can safely weld - removing the whole rear pulpit
wouldn't be a fun process, but likely smart to get it done properly. Any
specific questions I should be asking of a stainless welder? Recommendations in
Halifax area? I'm also wanting to build a small arch for a solar panel - maybe
integrated right into the rear pulpit Mark CS 30 - Prosecco