Just received the results from the fall check-up and the local sail
loft has diagnosed Windstar's ('85 33-2) mainsail as "beyond
expired".   Cue the Monty Python...

The current main has two sets of reef points, (cringle at the leech and and
ring-on-webbing-straps at the luff.)
No telltales other than streamers off the leech.
IIRC there may be a leech line.
4 partial battens battens.
There are two cringles at the clew, one above the other, and what I believe
is called a "shelf" of lighter weight cloth along the foot.  Have never
used this out of ignorance, but perhaps I should.
it has a rope foot, slides on the luff.

I will have Rolly Tasker in Thailand quote, as well as UK sails here in
Toronto.

I value the 33-2's performance but most of my sailing is recreational
sailing here on Lake Ontario.  Would like to distance race but not looking
to be ultra-competitive at the top level.      Don't want to buy another
Main for this boat in the next decade.

Any thoughts or recommendations on a replacement, or comments on sail
lofts?   Many thanks!

Dave
Windstar 33-2

greatly appreciated!