I have had a boat on the same mooring for approx. 20 years and have enjoyed the ease (stress free) of coming and going from it, especially since I do mostly single handed sailing. However, I am considering getting a 'slip' at our marina for next season. There are several currently available, and with a 'bow in' docking (my preference) I have the choice to do it from both port or starboard docking.

My boat has an 'offset prop shaft' which, I believe, accentuates the prop walk to port when starting in reverse.

So my question is "Is there a preference for either a port or starboard docking (bow in) with my prop walk situation?" Reasons why? Or does it make any difference?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.