Graham's description is pretty much what I saw on one of two Corvettes I
looked at closely.   IIRC the corvette has one chainplate attached to a
bulkhead, another to a "hanging knee".  In one case  (the boat where the
hull distortion was pronounced)  The hanging knee's glass tabbing  was
fractured.  this is really not a huge repair for a handy person, and the
owner had the work done for a reasonable price after we first went over the
boat together.  Hinterholler was quite thoughtful, and cored these boats
with plywood that used what I think was resorcinol glue. which leeches
purple fluid when the wood is wet.   Easy to see where the water has
entered.    These repairs do not fix the hull buckling/DIMPLES but the boat
would probably be improved structurally with a careful DIY repair..  I
started looking for this problem after that, and I think you'd be surprised
how many old boats suffer this affliction and how badly distorted some are.

Since we're talking about this...the other corvette - I'll name this one -
"Egret"  was, sadly, a real mess, much of the interior rotten, including
those knees.   The owner was an elderly guy and neglect had claimed the
boat, I think I could have gotten it for nothing which would not have been
a great deal.   He reached out a few times asking for an offer - any offer
- and thankfully I resisted the impulse.  I wrote him a detailed survey
explaining exactly what I thought was  needed to be repair the boat, which
was to replace 75% of the interior, bulkheads, etc.   (I had poked my
finger through a few, and I bet in an afternoon with a grinder and zip disc
I could have had it to a mostly bare shell.   This would have been easier
than patching what was still intact.   He lost that document and requested
it months later for some other buyer.  It would not surprise me if it is in
the hands of a list member.
Pretty little boats, I hope someone has restored Egret - a pleasant
winter's work for someone with the time.

Dave