From: "Dave S" <syerd...@gmail.com>
To: "RANDY" <randy.staff...@comcast.net>, "C&c Stus List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:32:32 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Buckled Topsides at the Chainplates (was Re: Brokers and
surveyors)

IF cosmetic only, as it probably is, I would not cut out any sound laminate -
its the long roving fibres that provide strength. (It's also a lot of work.) IF
I were spending big bux on topsides paint I would fill and fair, and maybe bulk
up first with 'glass/mat if the divots were deep enough. Otherwise I'd leave
the exterior well enough alone.
Checking the knees/bulkheads for integrity, protecting from future water
ingress, and adding tabbing or reinforcement inside the hull to spread out the
load wouldn't hurt, it is not difficult in the larger scheme of things. and
there are a few ways to do it. If anything is likely to fail its where the
knee/bulkhead is tabbed to the hull/deck, or if the plywood is/was wet, the
adhesion of the glass to the wood. My 33-2 had some minor cracked tabbing, and
a previous boat needed a fair bit of work of this type. hardest part is the
sometimes awkward location. My $.02

Dave