Hello.

On a similar note....

The wheel on my 1986 29-2 has been stiff since purchase 3 years ago.    I have
lube'd everything in the steering system that was recommended by folks on this
list including pumping fresh waterproof grease into the rudder post stuffing
box thru a zerk fitting (with old grease pushing out of the top).   I read a
post some time ago indicating that there is likely a bushing at the top of the
rudder post where it enters the cockpit sole - at the emergency tiller steering
unit.  Wondering if anyone knows whether the 80's vintage C&C 29-2's also have
bushing/bearings down in the rudder post stuffing box ?    If yes,  also
wondering if anyone knows where I can get replacement bushings or will I have
to get someone to make them?

I am borrowing a trailer to haul the boat and on a pretty tight time schedule
so would like to have parts in hand before I haul.

Thanks.

Bruce

1986 29-2

Gyrfalcon