From: Bruce Pope [mailto:brucep...@live.ca]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 3:20 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List wheel squeak

Hello.

On a similar note....

The wheel on my 1986 29-2 has been stiff since purchase 3 years ago.    I
have lube'd everything in the steering system that was recommended by folks
on this list including pumping fresh waterproof grease into the rudder post
stuffing box thru a zerk fitting (with old grease pushing out of the top).
I read a post some time ago indicating that there is likely a bushing at the
top of the rudder post where it enters the cockpit sole - at the emergency
tiller steering unit.  Wondering if anyone knows whether the 80's vintage
C&C 29-2's also have  bushing/bearings down in the rudder post stuffing box
?    If yes,  also wondering if anyone knows where I can get replacement
bushings or will I have to get someone to make them?

I am borrowing a trailer to haul the boat and on a pretty tight time
schedule so would like to have parts in hand before I haul.

Thanks.

Bruce

1986 29-2

Gyrfalcon