From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of David Knecht via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 11:15 AM
To: CnC CnC discussion list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Wax

I have generally had good luck with Poliglow despite it not being
recommended for Awlgrip.  I had used it to great effect on my previous boat,
and when I bought this boat, the topsides were pretty sad and I got lots of
compliments on the look after Poliglow treatment.  Now, 5 years later, the
boat really needs a new paint job.  I decided new sails were more important,
so putting that off for a few years.  It looks fine from 100 ft. so hoping
to be that far in front of the competition.  Painting looks like a PITA job
as DIY and expensive as professional.  In the meantime, the reverse angle
transom is really in bad shape- mottled and patchy in color presumably
because it gets more sun.  I took the Poliglow off with Poliprep and it
still looks pretty bad.  What would be the most aggressive thing to try on
the Awlgrip to make it look better before reapplying Poliglow?  I tried
Poly-ox and that had little effect.  I am guessing that there is nothing
else to do at this point, but awaiting the wisdom of the list.  Dave

Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT

On Apr 23, 2018, at 11:44 AM, Fred Hazzard via CnC-List