I did not try rubbing compound as the Awlgrip literature is very adamant that
you should not ever do that.  Like David, mine is so far gone that it might be
worth a try.
The Practical sailor test I read actually had different results for longevity
depending on the color.  The winner for blue was actually the one part
Epiphanes over the two part and others.
https://www.practical-sailor.com/newspics/charts/32-5-Value3.pdf
Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor , Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125