By 1990 they were shown in the construction drawing as 3' x 1/16" stainless
steel straps welded to a stainless steel rudder post, according to this:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GXI7YFjZL8c/WZoTeVoH5wI/AAAAAAABmME/SwETqRlQXgsaotrBTiRb75X0xlBNQ_oXACLcBGAs/s1600/Rudder%2BDesign%2B%2526%2BHull%2BLaminate%2BSchedules%2B-%2B1990.jpg

Ken H.