From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of David Knecht via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 4:22 PM
To: CnC discussion list CnC <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Outboard Fic-x Follow-Up...

No fuel filter.  I found some discussions on boards
(https://forums.ybw.com/index.php?threads/suzuki-df-2-5-wont-keep-running.455819/)
 about issues and some have added a fuel filter to the fuel line.  One guy
cleaned the carburetor 6 times before he finally got it to work right.  Others
agreed that the tiny fuel jets in this system are prone to partial plugging
with debris and it is very challenging to clean it out.  I will probably remove
the carburetor (since I know how to do it now) again and use more carb cleaner
and more pressurized air to try to get at those tiny passageways for fuel.
Fishing line was suggested so I will try that. I was not very vigorous in my
first attempt.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

[cid:image001.png@01D5B759.583A8460]

On Dec 20, 2019, at 11:06 AM, David Risch via CnC-List

Simple stuff first.  My generator ran then shut down a minute later.  Even
though the fuel filter “looked” OK.  Replaced it and spark plug and vrooomm…110
to spare.

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650