My philosophy is if there's a chance the deck hardware may flex, use
butyl.  If not use LifeSeal.  For instance, I bedded Touche's chain plates
with butyl.  The winches got LifeSeal.

Bed-It butyl is the best.

I quit using 4200 years ago after getting several partially cured tubes.  I
much prefer LifeSeal.

For general reference on sealant usage, look at this chart:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12WmFxRiqzUw2xiqLaEtfBpS1pYocZID-

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA