I also love my little Crapsman Vac, I think maybe only a 2.5 Gal, but works
great for many things - Vacuuming Mast water, sucking the bilge dry, and as
you mention, winterizing.
I Tried a new twist which I think works better, instead of blowing the
water out, I disconnect the water line out of the domestic water pump which
is at the lowest point, and tape it onto the hose  - then starting at the
ends, opening and closing faucets, valves until I have pulled all the water
out of the lines -  I think this works better than blowing. On my 39, I
hung it up under the chart table next to the hull, never knew it was there.

Bill Coleman
Erie PA

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 9:36 AM Leeward Rail via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Wet vacs are great. Especially on a boat.  I use a Rigid Brand 18v
> cordless one for the boat. Small and easily fits in a cockpit locker on our
> 30. Especially helpful this year when I was rewiring and the bilge pump
> wasn't connected.  It's ability to also blow air, works great when
> winterizing the water system.
>
> Roy
> Minion, 30 mk 1
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.