Hi Bill- I have a portable DeWalt vac/blower which I love for these jobs.  It
runs corded or cordless/battery.  I have thought of doing the same thing to
clear the water lines, but wasn’t sure how to join the two.  How did you make a
decent seal between the small diameter water line from the pump (pex?) and the
large diameter ribbed hose of the vacuum?  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

> On Oct 20, 2023, at 11:39 AM, Bill Coleman via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I also love my little Crapsman Vac, I think maybe only a 2.5 Gal, but works
> great for many things - Vacuuming Mast water, sucking the bilge dry, and as
> you mention, winterizing.
> I Tried a new twist which I think works better, instead of blowing the water
> out, I disconnect the water line out of the domestic water pump which is at
> the lowest point, and tape it onto the hose  - then starting at the ends,
> opening and closing faucets, valves until I have pulled all the water out of
> the lines -  I think this works better than blowing. On my 39, I hung it up
> under the chart table next to the hull, never knew it was there.
>
> Bill Coleman
> Erie PA
>
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 9:36 AM Leeward Rail via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:
> Wet vacs are great. Especially on a boat.  I use a Rigid Brand 18v cordless
> one for the boat. Small and easily fits in a cockpit locker on our 30.
> Especially helpful this year when I was rewiring and the bilge pump wasn't
> connected.  It's ability to also blow air, works great when winterizing the
> water system.
>
> Roy
> Minion, 30 mk 1
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray <https://www.paypal.me/stumurray>
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.